Saturday, December 17, 2011

Rude Awakening 2006

6 am...Boom - pause, boom, boom, boom.  It shook the whole apartment building.  Peanut, my roommate's dog, woke up howling, barking and growling.  Poor thing, he had a rough morning.  Groggy, my roommate and I met in the hall, what the heck is going on over there?  We heard yelling and pounding through the wall we share with our neighber.  A man and his wife we barely know.  He gives us the heeby geebys - but whatever, some people are just a little odd.  We decided to peek out the windows - In the shadows, we saw a police squad in full gear, helmets and everything, one of them even had a battering ram (the explanation for our rude awakening).  I am curious and inquisitive (my sister calls it being nosy) so I went outside and asked them what was going on?  Apparently my neighbor's had a search warrant.  For what, I don't know and I almost don't want to know.  
Lesson of the Day -- Get to know your neighbors and if they give you the heeby geebys because they're creepy - there's probably a good reason for it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment