Saturday, December 17, 2011

Girls Only, Dancing in the Kitchen 2006

Until the other night I thought I had experienced all there was to kitchen dancing.  Let me fill you in...I love to dance, and there's really no better place to do so than in your own kitchen.  You can act a fool, get your groove on and don't have to worry about looking stupid - 'cause it's just you. (and maybe your close friends.)  So over the years I have done A LOT of kitchen dancing.  I practiced salsa while mopping, done the bad Elaine dance from Seinfeld for 30 minutes with my best friend Rebecca, and also a number of musical numbers at the apartment in Monrovia with my roomeate -- it has a backstage area which makes it perfect for dramatic entrances and exits.  So in the area of kitchen dancing I consider yself pretty experienced.  


Until last Wednesday... Upon finding a treasure of old Jazz albums in my parents' closet I have become quite enamored with them.  One of which is Gene Kruppa, my dad's favorite drummer.  As the intro started, my dad took my hands, and started swing dancing with me in our kithcen!  My favorite was the move where he nearly kicked me in the face then spun me around multiple times!  It was soooo fun. 


There's nothing quite like the love and affection from you daddy.  I am so thankful for my dad.  I am also thankful that in all the years I didn't have this playful relationship with him, that God, my father in heaven did and still does love me like crazy and has treated me like his princess my whole life. 


Girls, there is nothing like the love and affection of our God.  He loves you so much and wants the chance to show you.  Next time you want to IM or call a guy, take a moment to pray instead.  Ask God, where are you, what are you saying to me?  And see if he does not show you His love in a new way.  And when He answers and makes you feel like the most precious a beautiful girl in the world, write me and share with me how He did it.


With Love.
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment